3/13/09:
"WHENEVER GOD SPEAKS, BOOM!!!! SOMETHING HAPPENS!
Psalm 34:8&9
Today was fun and full [at least for a half day]. On the bus, I spent pretty much all of the time trying (I said trying, not succeeding ) to entertain myself. I tried everything! I borrowed a game called Canoodle from [my friend] Hannah G. I borrowed Sarah G's book, The Demigod Files (a bonus in the series by R. Riordan! YAY!!!). I told stories, ate candy, and did all the other things that you do on a bus (there is a law ... [about] that, right?)[my last resource was the game, sweet and sour, where you count how many people wave or smile back at you and how many don't. we only counted two sweet people. how many sweet people are there in this world?]
We got here [at redwood camp] just as the other campers were starting dinner, but we had to get our luggage and lug it all of the way back to our cabin, The Bluebird. [these are the people in my cabin: my counselor, laurie k., hannah s., cami s., kaylee o., lucy i., sarah g., gia l., and ivee c.]
My counselor, Laurie, is nice and a lot like me. She gave us some candy (bad choice), two glow-sticks, a neat notebook, and a pretty pen.
Then we went to dinner. The food was great, especially the mashed potatoes1 YUM! I even ate green beans! ...
[we then played a game similar to sharks and minnows.]
The speaker Mr. J is just plain wacku=y! He has his own band, created his own Dr. Suess style skit, and gives away awesome mini prizes with Princess Truffles, BottaBing, BottaBoom, Muy-Muy, and Abba-Zabba. We talked about Genisis ... .
On top of that we got to go swimming! I went down the slide tons of times and played Marco-Polo. And guess what?!? [auntie amy, this is for you] I got through my hair!
When we went back to our cabin, we had Quiet Time. We talked about Psalm 34. My favorite verses were 4, 5, and 18. [if you are a curious person, go look it up!]
We told stories and then lights-out!"
to be continued . . .
2 comments:
sounds like a great start! i can't wait to hear more and hopefully see some pictures!
Oh Sage--I've got a pit in my stomach just thinking about brushing the hair---I am still traumatized about the day I thought we were going to have to shave your head because it was sooooo knotted : )
The funny thing is, I almost left a comment reminding you to not forget your hairbrush--I guess great minds think alike!
Sounds like a lot of fun--can't wait to hear more!
Auntie A
Post a Comment